My final year project for my computer science degree was writing a 3D car simulatar in both C# and C++, in order to compare the performance.

While I was reasonably happy with the marks I got for it, I wasn’t that happy with the actual simulator, so I’ve decided to rewrite it from scratch.

Hence, this is the inaugural post for Torq2. It will feature a free-roaming landscape, and a fairly advanced physics system, once it’s finished.

As you can see from this screenshot, it’s at a fairly primitive stage at the moment - I only started writing it a week ago.

So far, I have a basic implementation of geomipmapping up and running, although I still have to fix the problems with cracks.